Day 2

A new beginning

The party returned to Aakremena to rest after their fight with the bounty hunter at Nyah Whisperfoot‘s safehouse. Upon their return, the party was questioned by Marston Icedriver about where the Tear was and why the party came back without it. Master Razeth pulled Marston away while chideing him for being so harsh on the party.
The party rested for the night and in the morning they prepared for their journey to the clearing mentioned by Nyah after her rescue. As part of these preparations Azmalor summoned a familiar in the form of an owl to assist him in the journey. Upon leaving Aakremena, the party returned to Nyah’s house to follow her path into the woods. They found guards examining the body of the bounty hunter and decided to not push their luck by acting conspicuous. Instead Azmalor had his familiar fly ahead to scout out the clearing. The familiar saw nothing but a squirrel and a rabbit attempting to bury something in the clearing.
When the party arrived to the clearing, Roywyn Nackle spoke to the animals to discover what they were doing. They explained in their rudimentary language that they were attempting to bury the evil. Closer examination of what the animals were trying to bury revealed what appeared to be a footprint next to a drag mark; a clear sign of the man with a limp. The animals only appeared to be trying to bury the drag mark and not the foot print. When Azmalor sent his familiar off to scout ahead again, the forest animals immediately ran away in fear.
In the direction the tracks lead, the familiar only spotted a small clearing on the mountainside with a small fire in the middle with benchs surrounding it. En route to the clearing the party is ambushed by four robed men mostly carying scimitars and crossbows. Notable events during the fight include Aldrin Falkor skewering one robed man with a javelin at high range, one robed man casting cleric spells, and one robed man killing his unconscious comrade to prevent him from being captured and interrogated only to then be captured and interrogated himself.
The man was initially reluctant to talk and only agreed due to the threat of being butied on holy ground. He revealed some information to the party about why he was in the forest and why he attacked the party, but refused to give much information about the ultimate purpose for the Tear. Examination of the attackers revealed that their red robes were emblazoned with the insignia of Narzugog. The party dispatched the last robed man before heading on to the clearing in the mountains.
From the edge of the clearing, the party couldn’t really see much except for the entrane to a cave that appeared to head in straight for farther than could be seen from the edge of the clearing. Momo Mocksis and Roywyn Nackle went closer to investigate and were attacked by a quasit, who had been invisibly hiding, before quickly destroying it.
The party stared down into the cave wondering whether the Tear lies inside.



I'm sorry, but we no longer support this web browser. Please upgrade your browser or install Chrome or Firefox to enjoy the full functionality of this site.